About this blog

Welcome to Speak Your Art Blog Hub. This blog combines posts from seven of my other blogs: In the Flow Studios Arts, In the Flow Studios Body, I Love Shelter Dogs, Mana Keepers, PaaMano Eskrima & Performing Arts, Self-Actualization thru Women's Empowerment and Speak Your Art Poetry. It brings my organizations together and offers my readers an easier way to follow new posts in one convenient location.

I hope you will find something that inspires you, empowers you or reminds you of the limitless possibilities that dwell within you. Thank you for visiting. I wish you Peace today and everyday.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Ke-ola had his first crate-free day

Ke-ola loving the morning sun.
Ke-ola ruined our goose-down comforter in less than 24 hours. But after sleeping on such a fluffy bedding he was reluctant to get back into the crate with only a blanket to sleep on. I haven't had a chance to pick up Ke-ola's supplies yet so I decided to make a temporary bed for him from one of our sofa cushions wrapped in a blanket. I put him right next to my daybed and he feel fast asleep, crate free! He slept through the night. He only woke me a few times with his coughing but I'd rub his head and once it settled, he'd fall back to sleep.

We woke up together and we headed outside. Ke-ola looked in better spirits than the previous day. We had the good fortune to see two enormous flocks of geese flying over head. We both looked up at the honking coming from above and when I looked down I could Ke-ola's eyes smiling at them. Then it was chow time. He ate his breakfast and afterwards we had bonding time and then nap time. I got busy and forgot to take him out. I walked into a puddle on the floor. I cleaned the accident and took Ke-ola out for some morning sun. The kids were enjoying nutrition break at the school across the street. There were loud noises, moving bodies and excitement. It didn't faze him one bit. He stood and watched the kids playing, wagged his tail a bit and turned to me for affection.

Ke-ola must be drinking lots of water because I found another puddle before our late morning coupage session. After the cleanup we walked in the front yard and he had some very productive coughs. We stayed out for 30 minutes and soaked in the sun. He is such a sweet boy he spends most of his time looking deeply into my eyes. Once our time was up, I brought him in for his midmorning nap and got back to work.

Ke-ola love his Reiki Cleansing
sessions. He always falls softly
to sleep before we are done.
Yet another surprise awaited me when I came to check on him. I found  a puddle accompanied by an odorous mountain that had been secretly hidden on the floor behind the partition. Ke-ola was laying on his bed with a little tail wag looking sheepish. I didn't reprimand him as he is sick and has always tried to go potty outside. I was a bit frustrated with the repeated cleanup and all that it entailed. I was so busy cleaning, disinfecting and scrubbing that I didn't notice Ke-ola hadn't moved from his bed. When I finished I looked at him and his eyes melted my heart. I could see he is trying so hard to be the best boy ever but is battling his health to do it. I couldn't help but sit down next to him and let him know that no matter what accidents he has we love him and he is safe. I thought this would be a great time for a Reiki Cleansing session with him. I could feel his tensions ease and within a few minutes he was fast asleep.

It seems that Ke-ola understood me and was grateful because at lunchtime he shared a new behavior. He would stop eating the minute I stepped away. I walked to the other side of the room twice and twice he stopped eating and came to me. When I returned to his bowl, he returned to his eating. I got teary once I realized what he was doing. Seeing how very skinny this boy is and knowing that his hunger is long and old, it amazed me that he still puts love above all.

Ke-ola eating with gusto, as long as I'm standing next to him.

Ke-ola getting love from
Kadante after his shot.
Kadante's love always
turns into belly rubs.
Three o'clock was the time for his new antibiotic…did I mention it's by subcutaneous injection?! I was a bit nervous thinking about injecting a dog I have only known for such a short time. (I've injected my Great Danes, both subcutaneously and intramuscularly, but they had been with me for years.) Kadante helped me keep Ke-ola still and I successfully administered his first dose. Ke-ola was a complete love throughout. He didn't move or make a sound. When I was done he turned to me and plopped his head down on my lap. The wisdom this boy has in uncanny. He is patient and understanding of everything that is done to him. I have no doubt he knows what we are trying to do for him and he is grateful.

Wishing you and your pack Peace, today and everyday. Thank you for visiting.

You can find us on Facebook:
Page https://www.facebook.com/iloveshelterdogs
Our page hopes to encourage more people to adopt not shop by sharing stories of successful shelter/rescue dog adoptions & useful info for a healthy dog.
Group  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405355683042930/
This group is an open group for rescues, fosters, shelter staff, volunteers to post dogs in need of adoption, transport or rescue. Our group’s admin is not affiliated with any posts or posters nor do we have any further information about a post. We are merely offing another place online to help get dogs seen, safe and in their forever homes. 
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109405533286226395235


1 comment:

  1. Ke-ola is very fortunate you found him. I know with our busy lives that sometimes the extra work a sick dog may create can be frustrating, but he should get better soon. I admire the great patience you have with him.